Thursday, November 4, 2010

Tutu Love

I made another tutu recently for my cousins daughter's 3rd birthday. I had an idea of a fun group of colors, and it turned out EXACTLY how I imagined.

I went with turquoise, magenta, and yellow (or T, M, and Y from here on out). They were so fun and girly together! Because my last tutus were sort of a free for all, and I used two base colors with an occasional third color added in, I wasn't sure how to structure this tutu. Did I want a TM-MY-YT pattern for continuity or MM-YY-TT for extra vibrancy? I wanted all the colors intermingled, but not at the expense of their vibrancy. So...I tested both.
I was initially wary of the mixing colors scheme, because of the way they looked tied together at the top.




But after separating the layers like the tutu would look in the end, surprisingly,the overlapping TM-MY-YT was exactly how I pictured the colors mixing, and they all still stood out on their own.




I loved it so much I considered making one for myself. My mom and my aunt both commissioned me to make one so I'm even getting paid for them now-exciting!

1 comment:

  1. I seriously want to make one for myself and I think we should for Morgan's wedding. Not the wedding but the funtivities before it.

    ReplyDelete