Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Softest Chocolate Cookies EVER

Quick, easy, and to the point tonight-Chocolava Cookies! Weird name, I know, but I love it because it's perfect. Crackly outside, with an incredibly gooey, soft chocolate center.


Chocolava Cookies
Recipe from Michelle-Meals

1 1/3 c. flour
1 c. sugar
1/3 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. cocoa (I prefer dark chocolate powder for these)
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 stick butter, softened
3 egg whites
1 tsp. vanilla
powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350°F

In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, brown sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Add butter and mix until dough is crumbly. Add the egg whites and vanilla. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix until the dogh begins to come together.

Roll dough into 1 in. balls and roll them in powdered sugar. Place 2 in. apart on a greased cookie sheet. Don't worry and think 2 in. is two close, these cookies won't spread much.

Bake for 10 minutes, cookies should be set around the edges, but still soft in the center. Let cool, and enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Those look mighty tasty!! Your future hubby is going to be one very lucky man!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love chocolate crinkle cookies. I like the fact that your recipe doesn't require any melted chocolate yet the cookies still come out just as gooey. I'm also going to be baking with the 12 Weeks of Christmas Cookies and seeing this post I know you're going to come out with some awesome cookies in the upcoming weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is the difference between stick butter and tub butter?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sister! I made these today...they are delightful. Even easy enough for me to make without messing up!

    ReplyDelete