Tuesday, September 7, 2010

How deep the Father's love for us, how vast beyond all measure.

Today, I ran a race.

Ok that's not even a half-truth, that's just a bold faced lie.

Today I did some running. Bits broken up by normal walking.

But it got me thinking, about my relationship with God these last few years. In Hebrews, Paul describes the Christian life as a race. So if that's true, I'm the runner that gave up and sat on the side of the track watching others go by, and telling those around me that I was a runner.

Nobody would accept that person as a runner.

For the last, oh I'd say four years now, I've given up running. Not literally, cause look at me-I was never a runner-runner. But figuratively, I've taken off my running shoes, and giving up all training for the race.

I have a just, loving Father who loved me enough to send His only Son to a terrible death, for me. It's just...unbelievable. I am the worst of all sinners, and still He died for me, that I could be covered by the blood. God, the creator of all, who can't deny my sin, sees me no longer, for I'm washed white as snow. Wow. How can I just ignore a God like that? And yet, I do.

I allow life, and apathy and comfort to get in the way. Everyday I choose selfishness, doing what I desire, over spending time with Him. Talking to Him, reading His word, laying aside myself and following the lead of His still, small voice. I'm so completely undeserving of His gift of life, and I demonstrate that everyday.

But thankfully, for none of us would never be good enough, God made a way for me. He's too good to me.

Honestly I no longer know where I'm going with this. I've spent two days trying to work it out but it keeps becoming a mess of thoughts and prayers. But I love quotes, so I leave you with some.


-Because the sinless Savior died, my sinful soul was counted free. For God the Just is satisfied to look on Him and pardon me.

-Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are-yet was without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.-Hebrews 4:14-16

-Nothing in my hands I bring, simply to the cross I cling.

-Prone to wander, Lord I feel it, prone to leave the God I love. Here's my heart, Lord, take and seal it, seal it for Thy courts above.

-Because Your love is better than life, my lips will glorify You. -Psalm 63:3

-I am a great sinner, but Christ is a great Savior. -John Newton

-I don't not work my soul to save, for that work my Lord has done. But I would work as any slave for love of God's own Son.

-Only one life, twill soon be past. Only what's done for Christ will last.

1 comment: