Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Super Late 12 Weeks of Christmas Cookies Post

Ahh, I know! I'm so behind! We can blame it on busyness, brain farts, and...buying? Maybe a stretch, but I had to try and go for alliteration!

I made my cookies for this post the same day I made the lime sandwich cookies. What I should have done was written my whole post then, too, and we wouldn't have had this problem. But in good busyness news, I started a new job this week. Between leaving my other job, and working all week at the new place, I worked 20 hours more than I've worked since moving here. So pretty much all I did was work, sleep, and neglect my blog.



This week (okay, last week), I made pumpkin cookies! Not like cookies with pumpkin in them, but pumpkin shaped cookies that I decorated. I had a real hankering for decorating Christmas cookies, but I didn't figure anyone would care to eat cookies decorated like Christmas trees or presents or candy canes. So I decided to ignore my desires-I tend to jump right over fall and start mentally celebrating Christmas in August)-and keep it within the current season.

I'm not including the decorating instructions in this current post. But I bought a Frankenstein cookie cutter, so maybe if I can find time to make those I'll put up step by step instructions. Or, more practically, sometime around Christmas I'll finally get around to it. I know, I know...




Brown Sugar and Spice Cutout Cookies
From Bake at 350

3 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp allspice
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 sticks butter
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla


Preheat oven to 350.

In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and spices. Set aside.

In a large bowl, cream together sugar and butter. Add egg and vanilla, mixing well. Slowly add in the flour mixture and mix until just combined.

Roll out on a floured surface (or refrigerate for a bit, if it's too soft). Cut into whatever shapes your heart desires, (or supress your desires and cut out pumpkins...), and place on a lined/greased baking sheet. Bake for 9-12 minutes. Let cool before decorating!




I better get on top of things and make something for this weeks post-it's only two days away, and I'm determined to be on time this week. I also have another tutu picture to post. I LOVE it! And now, a few extra pictures-I had way to much fun with these.


This pumpkin got scared by his friend in the background. And yes, that is, in fact, a napkin background that doesn't feel the whole picture area. Keeping it classy.

I made a bit of a messy on this one when I spilled icing out of the top of my piping bag.. But, I went with it. This poor pumpkin got scared and it made him cry. Or maybe he was just born with a birth defect...which made him cry.

I'm not linking up with all the other posts because I'm soooo late this week. But, next week (by which I mean, in two days) I will!

3 comments:

  1. I love spice cookies and yours look so pretty. Great job icing them. I have yet to acquire such a skill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are super cute! I love a good spice cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Birth defect that made him cry... lovesit!!!

    ReplyDelete