Sunday, August 8, 2010

Garage Sale Goodies!

I went garage sale-ing Saturday morning. It was so fun! I've never done it before, besides occasionally hitting up a neighbors sale and buying a book. But this morning I went to the Mother of All Garage Sales. No really, that's what it's called...Told you! It was crazy. Tons of houses in the area (118, to be exact) participated. There were rest stops, refreshments, I even bought a tamale and an elote (Mexican street corn) cooked fresh just minutes before that in someones front yard! Here's the map I got of the sales going on.


And my $2 lunch!


It was super fun. I just parked and walked up and down neighborhoods looking at all the cool things people had. Two houses in particular had the most incredible vintage stuff. If only I'd had the $375 for one of the cabinets. And, I found a trunk exactly like I've been looking for for 4 years now for $100. But I only allowed myself $40, and ended up walking away for only $20. So now, onto the goods!

Everything in this picture was $6.50. Of course, I have to have the obligatory Christmas decoration. I especially love the jar with the flat edges and the hexagon stopper, and the tall candle holder in the background. I have a plan for both those, so we'll hopefully see them again in the future!


Here's a picture of all desert plates.


I'm most excited by the four pack of Wilton heart shaped pans. I got the all for only $1! It sort of felt like highway robbery, I walked quickly to my car and put them away before I kept shopping.


The Tullamore Dew crock is the most unique (and at $5, the most expensive) thing I got. It's a Christmas gift for my dad, who uses Tullamore Dew exclusively in his "famous" Irish coffees. Mmmm, that sounds great right about now...


And finally, a couple items I got for half off at the Goodwill last week. I'm excited to give these all a makeover. Hope they turn out!

I also bought a few other items at Michaels, Goodwill, and Value Village the last few days. I'm excited to get working on them and see what happens with them. I'm sure there will be some fails to share as well, but the trying is what excites me! Be sure to keep an eye out for some of these items in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment